ESN TU International Club blog
International Club is an organization founded by Tallinn University Student Union. International Club is part of Erasmus Student Network (ESN). The club is for international students of TLU to help them during their stay in Tallinn and also to make international students’ stay here more fun and enjoyable by organizing trips, events, workshops etc. At the moment, we operate via Facebook, some events have been recorded there, some information is also available on IC webpage (https://www.esindus.ee/en/ic/) and information has been communicated to students by using presentations. The blog would help unite the different sources.
The blog is to generally help incoming students to adapt better into our culture, but also to motivate outgoing Erasmus students - introducing different Erasmus stories, reflecting events, introducing Estonian culture, giving different tips about life, customs and other stuff here, encouraging poetry and photography and a lot more. It also aims to bring together all Erasmus students, whether staying as exchange students in Tallinn or planning their mobility in the future.
The aim of the project
Students can choose between different tasks, such as writing articles, developing the creativity corner, brainstorming innovative ideas for new posts, managing the blog, making photos for the post etc. As a result there will be a blog with thorough material for future incoming and outgoing Erasmus students to help them in a new country. The blog can also serve as a source of promotional material for Tallinn University as it gives an good account of what students, and international students, in particular, are engaged in. In addition, the blog would publish information about activities that promote social inclusion and ecological and sustainable development, that being in accordance with the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education.
In the project we expect to get people from as many fields as possible. You are the most needed if:
- you know how to make quality photos (doesn’t have to be professional level);
- you know your way around different blog templates and bases;
- you have very good English level, good enough to help edit the articles and texts;
- you have good writing skills, it’s not hard for you to write overviews about a subject etc;
- you have good marketing and communication skills (that includes making a communication plan).
But you're most certainly welcome, if you wish to improve those skills and connect with international people from all over the world.
Research base and innovation
International Club doesn’t have a functioning blog, this project is to make it happen, because it is needed for future students. In some cases, scientific research and proven facts from trustworthy sources are required.
After the project ends, ESN TU IC members will take over and continue.
A functioning blog that would pool the information about the events organised and carried out by IC into one platform. After LIFE project, Tallinn University International Club will continue with posts etc.
Advertising the blog (Facebook, Instagram, Tallinn University website, students' e-mails).
Additional informationMeeting place A-354
- Creating LIFE project plan with the team members
- Filling out LIFE mid-term report with the team members (by intermediate week)
- Participating in the feedback session during intermediate week
- Writing a self-reflective report about one’s role as a team member and about others’ responsibilities in project work (present individually to supervisor)
- Put together LIFE project portfolio which should include the project report, action plan, media coverage and project evaluation
- Participating as a team in the presentation day of LIFE projects and presenting the results of the activities carried out within the team
- In order to complete the independent work, students are required to participate actively in the meetings arranged within the project and to fulfil the commitments made to the team